Peak Pipe Systems are a market leader in the manufacture and supply of polyethylene pipeline solutions into the UK utilities, aquaculture, and renewables market sectors.
With over 40 years of industry experience Peak have become synonymous with high-quality product, industry knowledge, and friendly, efficient customer service levels. Peak has a unique market position with an optimistic growth strategy to grown in key market areas over the next 5 years and is looking for the right candidate to join and support the strong exiting team on this exciting journey.
The right candidate for the role will need to possess the following:
- Extensive experience of handling projects within utilities networks/civils/construction environment.
- Good working knowledge of HDPE pipeline specifications, regulations, and product compliance.
- Experience of source and supply management including cost control, forecasting, basic cost analysis, and value reporting.
- Contract lifecycle management – Market awareness and a comprehensive understanding of project negotiations, award & journey structure.
- Acute negotiation skills, working closely with distributors to agree on favorable terms before project award.
- High-level organization skills will be vital to ensuring the consistent flow of orders/deliveries to key accounts.
- A regimented approach to risk management.
- Efficient in conflict resolution.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager/Director, the successful candidate will champion the below key responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities with key management team by analyzing sales trends, acknowledging competitor weaknesses, understanding environmental concerns/incentives, reviewing new product development opportunities.
- Supporting the company in the development of identified market growth areas.
- Formalize the supply & approval route into water and gas companies (multiple group target activity).
- Generate periodic reports to review key account performance, identifying and reviewing sales trends.
- Present quarterly business strategy updates to the senior management team.
- Involvement in supporting exhibitions and industry conferences and affiliated meetings with the management team.
- Report on technical complaints and compile commercial responses to customer queries with the support of the quality and compliance team.
- Monitor efficient working of NPD projects and ensure compliance to project plan.
- Manage projects for product life cycle development and continually refresh the existing product offering.
- Monitor all aspects of new products such as pricing, regulatory and compliance requirements, and competitor offerings.
- Working closely with the Commercial Manager as well as Procurement, Sales and Marketing to bring products/projects to market.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar management qualification.
- Previous management experience of projects or staff is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Advanced use of Microsoft excel desirable for analysis of big data.
- Familiar and comfortable learning new computer systems (training offered).
- Effective and calm under pressure, experience working within a high paced office environment.
- A tenacity to win projects and negotiate on the phone, via email, and in person.
- Pension plan with generous company contribution
- Targeted senior management bonus structure
- Company health & wellbeing scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Team building days
- Company suggestion incentive scheme
- Annual senior management collaborative review
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30/04/2020
Download full job role profile here: Strategic Sales Manager