Multi-Role Operative Extrusion
Peak Pipe Systems Ltd – Operations Team
Hours: Shift pattern
Location: Chesterfield Derbyshire, S41 9PZ
Peak Pipe Systems are a market leader in the manufacture and supply of polyethylene pipeline solutions into the UK utilities, aquaculture, and renewables market sectors.
With over 40 years of industry experience Peak has become synonymous with high-quality products, strong technical know-how all delivered with friendly and efficient customer service levels. Peak has a unique market position with an optimistic growth strategy in key market areas over the next 5 years and is looking for the right candidate to join the exisiting sales team of 8 on this exciting journey. With considerable growth since 2013, the business has truly established its market position and is now one of the key pipe manufacturers in the UK.
Our business activity is carried out across the following principal sectors:
Water – Pipelines & fittings, utilities, wastewater, pumping, sewerage treatment, rising mains
Gas – Low/medium pressure gas networks (pipe & fittings), service connections
Energy – Cable ducting, windfarm electric generation, hydro-electric
Aquaculture – Marine harvesting, feedstock systems, muscle float systems
Environmental – Landfill methane gas extraction, anaerobic digestion, and irrigation systems
Drainage – Siphonic drainage, gravity-fed sewers, rainwater harvesting
Transport – Rail, Waterways, Highways, Telecoms
- Set up and run the extrusion line to internal and customer specifications.
- Set up and run equipment in fabrications to internal and customer specifications
- Set up and run ancillary equipment to internal and customer specifications
- Operate, set up and carry out tool changes in accordance with relevant specifications, use all measuring equipment.
- Carry out Qc checks reports any problems to supervision complete and quality documents in line with pipe systems QMS.
- Act in accordance with Peak Pipe System’s Health and Safety policy. Meet statutory duties and co-operate with the employer on all Health and Safety matters.
- Maintain a high level of house keeping in and around the work area. Advise a supervisor/manager of any house keeping problems.
- Ensure all processes are run efficiently. Make suggestions to improve operation efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry out any other duties, if appropriate training has been given when requested by Supervisor/Manager.
- Time Sheets
- Following Procedures and Quality Matters
- Weekly appraisal documentation
Core mandatory skills
- Extrusion experience
- FLT Operator
- Interpersonal Understanding
- Achievement Drive
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Focus
- Impact and Influence
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Day shift (preferred)
- Night shift (preferred)
- Overnight shift (preferred)
Peak Pipe Systems Ltd (PPS) is committed to providing equal opportunities for all our colleagues and
customers. Here at PPS, we value and respect their diversity. All our people are recruited based on their
skills, relevant qualifications, and experience – regardless of their gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion
or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age or nationality.
Application Deadline: 24/09/2021
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org