Internal Sales Co-Ordinator
Peak Pipe Systems Ltd – Commercial Sales Team
Responsible to: Commercial Director
Hours: Mon – Fri, 08:30 – 17:00 (37.5 hours p/week)
Location: Chesterfield Derbyshire, S41 9PZ
Peak Pipe Systems are a market leader in the manufacture and supply of polyethylene pipeline solutions into the UK utilities, aquaculture, and renewables market sectors.
With over 40 years of industry experience Peak has become synonymous with high-quality products, strong technical know-how all delivered with friendly and efficient customer service levels. Peak has a unique market position with an optimistic growth strategy in key market areas over the next 5 years and is looking for the right candidate to join the exisiting sales team of 8 on this exciting journey. With considerable growth since 2013, the business has truly established its market position and is now one of the key pipe manufacturers in the UK.
Our business activity is carried out across the following principal sectors:
Water – Pipelines & fittings, utilities, wastewater, pumping, sewerage treatment, rising mains
Gas – Low/medium pressure gas networks (pipe & fittings), service connections
Energy – Cable ducting, windfarm electric generation, hydro-electric
Aquaculture – Marine harvesting, feedstock systems, muscle float systems
Environmental – Landfill methane gas extraction, anaerobic digestion, and irrigation systems
Drainage – Siphonic drainage, gravity-fed sewers, rainwater harvesting
Transport – Rail, Waterways, Highways, Telecoms
The right candidate for the role will need to possess the following attributes:
• Enjoy working part of a diverse team.
• A true supportive team player
• Positive and driven personality
• Be a fast-adaptive learner
• Strong UK geographical knowledge
• Effective multitasker & problem solver
• Ability to effectively organise time and workload
• Comfortable working in a fast pace, on-demand and adaptive role
• Be continuously self-motivated
• A strong work ethic with an energetic, enthusiastic approach
• A team player attitude who can work to individual and shared deadlines
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working
• The ability to learn and operate new IT systems (training provided on existing systems)
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the right candidate will have the below key responsibilities and
will join our existing sales team to strengthen the commercial sales service offering:
- Prepare quotations, track projects, and follow up in a timely manner to generate profitable business for the company.
- Process received enquiries in a timely manner to ensure optimal order conversion.
- Process purchase orders, sales orders, back orders, invoices, and credit notes.
- Liaise with existing supply partners to source and procure stock as necessary to meet customer requirements in conjunction with corporate purchasing strategy.
- Ensure sales order paperwork complies to contract review procedure.
- Generate transport requests in a timely manner to the transport & logistics department.
- Push to pick order advice to ensure warehouse processing meets customer expectations on delivery.
- To liaise with the planning department in order to provide customers with accurate lead time/product availability information.
- To answer the telephone in a proficient manner, to deal with all enquiries both internally and externally to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Exceed customer expectations with regards to communications, and delivery performance to uphold the company service levels.
- Comply with and suggest improvements to office policies and systems, including credit control activities to optimise continual performance improvement.
- Identify opportunities to expand the customer base, and the products and services provided by the Company.
- Undertake to visit customer and suppliers as appropriate, to provide technical support and to help build effective relationships
- Raise and progress any required credits ensuring that the correct documentation is completed and authorised
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Familiar and comfortable learning new computer systems (full training provided).
- Effective and calm under pressure, experience working within a high paced office environment.
- Can-do, solutions-driven attitude.
- Previous experience in a customer service-based role.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Pension Plan
- Company health & wellbeing scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Companywide group bonus scheme
- Team building days
- Company suggestion incentive scheme
Peak Pipe Systems Ltd (PPS) is committed to providing equal opportunities for all our colleagues and
customers. Here at PPS, we value and respect their diversity. All our people are recruited based on their
skills, relevant qualifications, and experience – regardless of their gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion
or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age or nationality.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com