Human Resources Advisor
Peak Pipe Systems are a market leader in the manufacture and supply of polyethylene pipeline solutions into the UK utilities, aquaculture, and renewables market sectors.
With over 40 years of industry experience Peak has become synonymous with high-quality products, strong technical know-how all delivered with friendly and efficient customer service levels. Peak has a unique market position with an optimistic growth strategy in key market areas over the next 5 years and is looking for the right candidate to join the dynamic senior management team on this exciting journey. With considerable growth since 2013, the business has truly established its market position and is now one of the key pipe manufacturers in the UK.
Our business activity is carried out across the following principal sectors:
Water – Pipelines & fittings, utilities, wastewater, pumping, sewerage treatment, rising mains
Gas – Low/medium pressure gas networks (pipe & fittings), service connections
Energy – Cable ducting, windfarm electric generation, hydro-electric
Aquaculture – Marine harvesting, feedstock systems, muscle float systems
Environmental – Landfill methane gas extraction, anaerobic digestion, and irrigation systems
Drainage – Siphonic drainage, gravity-fed sewers, rainwater harvesting
Transport – Rail, Waterways, Highways, Telecoms
The ideal candidate will be a team player and be responsive to the business and it’s needs. You will be proactive, with a strong attention to detail, have previous experience in a HR role in a similar environment. You will be CIPD qualified to level 5 or above.
This is a sole HR role for an experienced HR practitioner to develop and grow all aspects of HR within the Company. The successful candidate will ensure all HR processes and documentation are maintained and controlled. To ensure the Company remains fully compliant in all aspects of employment law and HR best practice guidelines. To support Line Managers when dealing with HR issues.
- Maintain all HR documents (policies, procedures, individual employee records, KPI statistics, etc.)
- Support Line Managers with disciplinary & time/attendance matters
- Manage, maintain & develop an effective Personal Development Review (PDR) process, including training and professional development outputs
- Ensure all training & professional development undertaken is appropriate and effective
- Promote the Company, including arranging and supporting recruitment processes
- Ensure Company policies and procedures comply with current employment law and HR best practice, including GDPR requirements
- Maintain the Employee Handbook and associated policies/procedures
- Provide independent monitoring of morale and employee wellbeing
- Engage actively with all employees
- Promote and develop the employee benefits programme
Qualifications & Skills:
- A proven track record working in an HR department
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite of software
- Excellent planning, organisation, time keeping and communication skills
- Prioritises and manages own workload to ensure tasks are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Strong administration skills
- Company Pension Plan
- Company health & wellbeing scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Companywide group bonus scheme
- Team building days
- Life assurance
- Company suggestion incentive scheme
- 33 Days holiday, plus service days after 5 years continual service
- Christmas Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary: £26,000.00-£32,000.00 per year + bonus scheme
Responsible to: Managing Director
Hours: Mon – Fri, 08:30 – 17:00 (37.5 hours p/week)
Location: Chesterfield Derbyshire, S41 9PZ
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Peak Pipe Systems Ltd (PPS) is committed to providing equal opportunities for all our colleagues and customers. Here at PPS, we value and respect their diversity. All our people are recruited based on their skills, relevant qualifications, and experience – regardless of their gender, disability, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age or nationality.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com